Try these on for size!
- Whole plain natural yogurt : Combined with fresh berries and mixed nuts, this calcium rich snack is perfect post exercise or in the evening if you are feeling hungry after an early dinner.
- Almonds and pumpkin seeds : A convenient snack and natural protein source, they also provide healthy fats and fibre.
- Protein bars : Making a batch of homemade bars is a great way of getting a source of quality protein using natural ingredients. They can be eaten as a post-gym muscle recovery snack or a midday treat with tea.
- Boiled eggs : Prepared at the beginning of the week and stored for up to five days boiled eggs are a simple protein snack packed with many vitamins and minerals.
- Edamame beans : Are one of the few complete vegetable protein sources. Steam, roast or stir-fry your edamame beans, then dust with a bit of sea salt and chili. Eat them hot or cold.